How yoga can keep you healthy this festive seasonon
The festive season is fast approaching and people everywhere are getting into the spirit by doing all the things that everyone does this time of the year. New clothes, new dishes, long travel, visits from friends and family – it’s quite normal to feel unhealthy after all the oily food and being out of routine.
Here are some Yoga tips and changes in your routine you can adopt for a healthier lifestyle.
- Stick to your yoga routine- It's really quite simple to remain healthy this festive month - all it takes is a few minutes of relaxation and focus every morning on some basic yoga postures, pranayamas (breathing exercises), or meditation.
For a better yoga experience and utility in life, Kanyoga has got you covered with some awesome products. Products such as yoga mats are designed to be flexible, light, and easy to carry. They are great for beginners and experienced practitioners.
- Practice moderation, eat smartly- If you want to enjoy without guilt, make sure you cut down on other calories from your routine diet.
Try cutting back on sugar in your favorite drink like tea or coffee, perhaps scale back your rice intake, or even cook one lesser chapatti than usual. Experiment by substituting one type of ingredient with another. The general idea is to practice moderation!
- Drink lots of water- Drinking water will help remove the free radicals that your body won't be able to process with all the fatty food you might have eaten. And lemon water or tea is a great way to detoxifying your system.
- Get time to meditate- During these exciting times, it's very easy to get caught up in the moment. Close your eyes for sometime and meditate. Meditating will allow some time for the person who is overly excited to relax and calm down before getting back into the action.
Meditation will also bring you back from your frenzy and teach you to be conscious of what happens in your thoughts and actions at all times throughout the day so that you may choose what kinds of foods you eat during breaks or after work hours!
- Good digestion with Yoga- A heavy meal can be quite filling and satiating but it can also slow down your bowel movement later on. In order to naturally facilitate better bowel movements, you can follow a few simple yoga postures.
Vajrasana (Kneeling pose) helps in digestion after a heavy meal by encouraging the correct functioning of liver, intestines and stomach. You can also do Pavanamuktasana (Wind-relieving pose) which contracts and relaxes all the muscles in the abdomen aiding food digestion. Start these techniques on an empty stomach to get maximum benefit from them.
Also try practicing Kapal Bhati pranayama (Skull-shining breathing technique) which will help with good digestion and assimilation of nutrients by increasing blood circulation in the body as well as to keep a check on your weight over time.
Yoga is a great way to stay fit, healthy and relaxed! But if you're new to yoga, it can be hard to find products that will help you to learn the skills you need. And if you want quality lifestyle products but don't want to spend a fortune, then Kanyoga's products are a great choice. Kanyoga’s meditation cushions are inexpensive and of high quality. Eye masks and eye pillows are valuable and they help keep you relaxed. If you're looking for a good deal, then Kanyoga is your place for yoga products.